What I love about these tacos…
- Delicious, oh so delicious!!!
- Vegetarian or Vegan-friendly
4 soft taco shells (wheat or corn)
Collard Greens – gluten-free option
1 large organic portobello mushroom
2 TBS organic cold-pressed avocado oil
2-3 TBS tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup shredded organic red cabbage
2 cups cherry organic tomatoes – cut in half
¼ cup chopped up organic cilantro
1 ripe organic avocado – sliced
¼ cup organic shredded cheese or soft goat cheese – optional
1 lime – cut up into wedges
Prep time: 25 minutes
First, choose your shell…lay them flat out ready to fill. If you are using the collard leaves you will need to prep these first…see below.
- Pick the best collard leaves, trim off the white stalk not attached to green leaves.
- Soak leaves in warm water with vinegar for a few minutes, this helps bring the green to room temperature which makes the greens more pliable to fold.
- Rinse and dry leaves thoroughly.
- For one wrap use two leaves. Overlap the leaves half-way. The *filling will go in the middle. Fold edges in and roll like a burrito.
Cooking Portobello Mushroom
- Combine tamari/soy sauce, minced garlic in a bowl. Place mushroom in a dish and pour marinade over portobello mushroom (belly up). Optional: Let mushroom marinade for one hour.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet and then place portobello mushroom with marinade in it. Grill for approximately 3-5 minutes each side.
- Once grilled slice mushroom into pieces
Filling the Tacos
- Place portobello mushroom slices, diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, avocado slices, cheese*optional, cilantro.
- Take a lime wedge and squeeze lime juice on top of filling.
- This is one of my favourite taco sauces: Cashew Sour Cream. It is crazy easy to make, absolutely delicious and the perfect topping for tacos.